Today, the Civil Soceity Defense Committee (CSDC), conducted its second general meeting. At the beginning of the meeting information was provided about work that has already been carried out by the comittee. It was noted that in connection with the packet of amendments that have been proposed to the Azerbaijan Republic laws “On Non-governmental Organizations,” “On Mass Media,” “On State Fees” and “On Donors,” as well as the Administrative Code, the CSDC organized a press conference on 14 June, a forum on 18 June, and a protest in front of parliament on 19 June. In addition, the Committee sent appeals to the president, Milli Mejlis and international organizations.
During discussions Vahid Gazi, Anar Mammedli, Gubad Ibadoglu, Rovshan Agayev, Ilgar Mammedov, Avez Hasanov, Emin Huseynov, Ahmed Abasbeyli, Nikat Daglar, Erkin Gederli, Mehriban Vazir, Fuad Gehremanli, Zohrab Ismayilov, Ogtay Gulaliyev, Eldar Namazov and other people assessed the work of the committee and expressed concern about the biased opinions about CSDC’s work being published in some press.
In addition to the recommendations of the working, a number of other proposals were put forth:
* Conduct meeting with the State Council to Support NGOs
* Organize a general meeting with NGOs in the regions
* Create an internal fund to carry out work
* Conduct meeting with President Ilham Aliyev
During the summation of discussion the following decisions were issued:
1. Appeal to international structures and local society to thank them for their support in this area and to call for an increase of effort.
2. Create a website for CSDC
3. Conduct a picket in front of Milli Mejlis on 30 June
4. Conduct a press conference on 25 June
5. Meet with NGOs in the regions
6. File a lawsuit against Public TV and Baku City’s Executive Administration
7. Appeal to President Ilham Aliyev for a meeting