Join us in our trainings, learn how to make and publicize videos, photos and news items from regions.
IRFS, the Democratic Journalism School, and the Regional Human Rights and Media Center are implementing a news project to strengthern civil journalism initiatives and blogging activities with the goal of covering public problems and developments in the regions. Our trainings will teach you the following:
– the secrets of becoming a successful blogger or civil journalist;
– how to pick topics to cover in news, photo or video scenes;
– technical knowledge related to making and publicizing news, photos and videos;
– tools, computer programs, internet websites that you can benefit from as a civil journalist and how to use them;
– how NGOs and other institutions can benefit from civil journalism in their work;
– ways to settle the ethical and legal problems experienced by civil journalism;
The trainings will cover 5 regions (Baku, Ganja, Lenkoran, Kurdamir and Nakhchivan).
We have already started to recruit attendees for our trainings in the regions. If you are interested, email us a letter of interest including your residence, age, education, occupation, internet skills, and why you want to participate in the trainings..
The first training will be in Baku and take place on March 5 and 6, 2012, at the office of the Institute for Reporters’ Freedom and Safety.