JOURNALIST’S LAWSUIT HEARD IN ABSENTIA

April 12th, 2011
The Nasimi District Court passed a decision on the lawsuit filed by the Bizim Yol newspaper reporter Ramid Ibrahimov in his absence, reported Ibrahimov to IRFS. The journalist has not been informed of the decision.

“I am not aware when the decision was passed. I contacted the Nasimi District court and asked about the date of the hearing – at which point I was told that the hearing had already been held, and that a decision had been passed,” said Ibrahimov.
On November 26, 2010, Bizim Yol (“Our Way”) newspaper employee Ramid Ibrahimov was physically assaulted by a Baku City Executive Office (BCEO) official. The BCEO official attacked him and tried to seize his camera while he was taking photos on 73 A. Tobpcubasov Street, where a building was being demolished to make room for the “Winter Park” project.