- Who we are
- What we do
- Media monitoring
- News Feed
“Isa Maharramov was charged with breaking the windows of administrative buildings during the protest in April 2011 in Baku. He sued Yeni Musavat because of an article detailing his actions that was published in the newspaper. He demanded 25000 AZN in compensation” said Arifoglu.
To note, 6 court lawsuits have been filed against Yeni Musavat newspaper:
1. MP Jalal Aliyev filed a lawsuit against Yeni Musavat newspaper. Court issued decision for newspaper to pay 1500 AZN in compensation.
2. Deputy Defense Minister Chingiz Mammadov filed a lawsuit against Yeni Musavat. Mammadov has sued Yeni Musavat newspaper for articles on fatalities in the armed forces of Azerbaijan Republic. The Deputy Defense Minister has called for journalists who write for Yeni Musavat on the armed forces to be arrested. He is asking that the newspaper pay 10 000 AZN in compensation.
3. Gilan Gabala Cannery filed a lawsuit against Yeni Musavat newspaper for 1 million AZN – the equivalent of the newspaper’s ten year budget. The Plaintiff says that a humorous article published in Yeni Musavat on a brand of fruit juice called “Jale” [owned by Minister of Emergency Services Kamalladin Heydarov] is damaging sales.
4. The son of the Minster of Transport, ZQAN Companies Group President Anar Mammadov filed a lawsuit against Yeni Musavat Newspaper demanding 500 000 AZN in compensation for damage to his personal dignity.
5. The Executive Head of Hajigabul region, Ahmad Mukhtarov, filed a lawsuit against Yeni Musavat demanding that the newspaper to publish a refutation regarding criticism of the agricultural situation in the region.
6. Isa Maharramov has sued Yeni Musavat, as above.
Yeni Musavat newspaper has been publishing since 1989 and it is daily newspaper.