At the initiative of the Civil Society Defense Committee (CSDC) Working Group, CSDC is conducting a charity fundraiser “Hamraylik” (“Solidarity”) to organize events to defend the rights of arrested bloggers Emin Milli and Adnan Hajizade and to also assist them.
The Marathon will be held from 15 July to 15 September.
• Participation in the fundraiser is voluntary and is open to all citizens of Azerbaijan and foreigners who are 18 years old or older.
• It is possible to participate in the marathon individually or collectively.
• There are no minimum or maximum limits for donations; in this way, all people can participate in the fundraiser and support Emin Milli and Adnan Hajizade regardless of their financial situation.
• Participants who wish to remain anonymous are welcome to use pseudonyms or alphanumeric codes to protect their identities.
• At the end of the marathon, a list of participants and the amount of money gathered will be given to the press and published online – www.civilsociety.az.
People living in Azerbaijan and wanting to participate in the fundraiser can appeal to the Institute for Reporters’ Freedom and Safety (CSDC member) office located at 8 R. Behbudov St., Apt. 85/86, Baku, Azerbaijan, and call by telephone (+99412) 418-55-34, (+99412) 418 03 34, (050) 382 38 14 15.
People wanting to join the marathon from abroad can call +99450 408 88 04, +99450 586 35 37, +99455 754 35 16 to receive additional information.
In addition, people wanting to join the marathon can obtain the form at http://www.civilsociety.az/content/view/922/1/lang,az/